Monday 8 August 2011

Welcome Gifts

Happy Monday! Hope you had a great weekend, mine was filled with lots of fun times with family and friends. I took my sister-in-law to see our wedding venue on Saturday and she absolutely loved it. I was so impressed by all the staff who were so helpful and cheery, definitely a good sign! They even let us look around some bedrooms that we hadn't seen previously which was nice, it is such a gorgeous place.

We are going to be having a lot of out of town visitors for the wedding and I think it would be quite nice to put together a welcome pack in their rooms as a little thank you for making the trip. I've recently discovered Emmaline Bride which is an absolutely amazing resource for handmade weddings. They have a marketplace too where you can buy all kinds of handmade goodies. I found the following on there from a company called Navy & Lavender.
Navy & Lavender via Emmaline Bride
This cute collection is called their 'Wedding Wishes Gable Box' for $24 which is personalised and includes water, mints, kettle corn popcorn, heart sugar cookies and a 'rescue pack' with advil and pepto. They even have city themed gifts as well as seasonal ones:

New York, New York: Navy & Lavender via Emmaline Bride
Fall in Love: Navy & Lavender via Emmaline Bride

The totes range from $32-$47 and can be personalised in your wedding colours. I absolutely love these and if I had the budget I would be ordering them by the box full! However, I'm sure it would be easy to make up some inexpensive welcome gifts. I'm thinking of getting some nice paper bags perhaps decorating them myself and personalising them and then adding some essentials like water, tissues, paracetamol and mints. Love the idea also of adding some sweet treats especially if I can get things that are made in Warwickshire, I'm thinking fudge, cookies that kind of thing. I'm getting so excited about all the things I can hand make for the wedding although I think I'm going to have to space out projects over the year! 

Are you planning on making welcome packs or favours for your big day?

2 comments:

  1. I love these! Great find!

    I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed. They don't have a New Orleans one! :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they so cute? I'm surprised they don't have a New Orleans one, there are so many things that are distinctly NO! I'm really enjoying your blog as I have family in New Orleans and absolutely love the place. We are thinking of having an after-wedding party over there for everyone that can't make it to England :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...