Friday 5 August 2011

Polaroids v Photo Booths

I really love the idea of having a photo guestbook where our guests can have their photo taken and this can then be stuck to a page in a guestbook which they then sign. So I started off thinking that I would get a polaroid camera and film and perhaps ask someone in the bridal party if they would take on the job of snapping everyone. However I debated this quite a bit as this will probably be quite time consuming and I don't want any of my party missing out too much on the fun. My worry about setting up a table for this is that some of the guests may not realise it is there or not get involved. Then I started looking into the cost of cameras and film and was really put off!! I have since found a firm that rent out instant cameras which is probably the most viable option; hire of two Fuji instax cameras for £35 and film £15 for 10 shots (this seems unreal to me but appears to be cheap compared to polaroid options!). Excellent.

via Engadget
via Picture Blast
However for over double the price (£500 - eek!) I could go the whole hog and hire a photo booth. I know this is quite a popular wedding trend but I do really love the idea of a photo booth and I think our guests would have so much fun with it. This company seem to do a really good deal - unlimited photos, props box, video message option, e-mail functionality and a person to man it. For an extra £50 they will supply you with a leather bound guestbook and actually stick the photos in for you and get your guests to sign it which is a brilliant idea.

I'm now quite sold on the photo booth but I'm thinking I need a bit of a reality check here; £500?! That could go towards (or might even get me) a band or all sorts of things. I guess I (or in reality my DIY Dad) could have a go at constructing a photo booth but I've got no idea how cost effective that would be. Hmmm... What do you think? Are you doing anything similar for your wedding?

2 comments:

  1. I really want a photo booth at our wedding but the cheapest I've found like that I is $1050. Crazy. Some go as high as $1600. Not sure if it's that worth it. But I was thinking of doing the photo guest book too. We'll see what happens. They are a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow suddenly £500 doesn't seem so bad!! I'm now debating asking a photographer friend if they would come for an hour in the evening and take photos of everyone and then get them to sign a page in the guestbook. Not quite so fun as the photo booth though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...