Wednesday 3 August 2011

My First Cupcake Bouquet!

I have recently discovered the amazing things that are cupcake bouquets! I'm sure everyone in America will be well aware of these, it seems that we are quite behind in the UK on cake trend! Being an avid lover and maker of cupcakes I had to have ago and what better excuse than a friends Birthday? Here is the result:


I was really pleased with how it turned out and my friend absolutely loved it! I was amazed at how easy it was to make, the base was just a plastic flower pot with a few pebbles in to balance the weight of the cupcakes and I got seven plastic drinking cups and stapled them together (one in the middle and six around it) and placed them in the pot so that they fit snugly. I then wrapped the pot in tissue and florist's cellophane and secured it with the ribbon. I baked the cakes and cut the tissue paper into squares and put them between the cake and the cup to hide the cups. I then iced the cakes when they were all in the cups with buttercream and, using a Wilton 1M nozzle (star shaped), started in the middle and then swirled the buttercream outwards in circles so that the cakes look like roses. Not bad huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...