Thursday 11 August 2011

A Fab Budget Spreadsheet

The time has come, I can no longer put it off, I need to start thinking about the wedding budget and how much everything is going to cost before I start running away with the planning!

I'm so so lucky that my Dad has very kindly agreed to pay for our reception and as we have got an amazing package from our dream venue that includes quite a lot. We get ceremony, breakfast and evening reception room hire, three course meal with drinks package and tea/coffee, evening buffet, disco and the bridal suite and two premium rooms for our parents all included which is brilliant.

But, as you know, there is still a lot of other costs; flowers, apparel, photography, honeymoon, favours and the list goes on... In fact if I actually sat down to write out all the things we had to include in our budget I'm not sure I could remember it all in one go! So I decided to ask my friend Google for some help and found this brilliant (FREE!) wedding budget spreadsheet. It seems to cover every cost you can think of and even gives suggestions as to what percentage of your budget you should allocate to each category. Here is a screen shot:

via vertex24
You can customise it too, I've added columns for deposits, date deposit paid and date paid in full. You can also add to the categories and change the labels. I'm definitely going to find this useful! You can download the budget worksheet here.

And if you want some help with saving for your big day check out this really neat saving tool brought to my attention on Love in The Big Easy - thanks!

Happy budgeting!!

4 comments:

  1. This is a great spreadsheet! Thank you for sharing! MUCH better than the one I came up with on my own. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem, I'm really glad you will find it useful! It includes so many things I wouldn't have thought to include if I made my own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using WeddingWire but this has a few more items I'm reminded to add! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem! I absolutely love WeddingWire, it was thanks to one of your tweets that I found it and am so grateful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...