Wednesday 10 August 2011

Cupcake Centrepeices

I recently discovered and fell in love with cupcake bouquets and made my first one last week for my friend's Birthday. I got to thinking about whether or not I could perhaps develop this into a centrepiece for the wedding... that might seem a little crazy but when I turned to my friend Google it seems perhaps not! I found this amazing bakery called Designer Delights who have a whole gallery of their wedding creations including centrepieces! Here are just a few wonderful examples:

via Designer Delights
This one is my absolute favourite:

via Designer Delights
I just think that these are so different and quite personal to me as everyone knows I love cupcakes and it would be such a great way of incorporating them into our day as we both want a traditional wedding cake rather than cupcakes.

I think that they would work out cheaper than flower centrepieces too and could be made up without the cupcakes weeks before the big day if using artificial greenery. I also know a great place to get the cupcakes from (Blue Door Bakery) as I've been to some cupcake classes there so wouldn't have the stress of making them the day before. 

I'm going to do a trial one soon to cost it but I have no idea how much flower centrepieces are to compare so I think I need to do my homework. The good news is my fiancĂ© loves the idea! What do you think, is it a bit too crazy?!


2 comments:

  1. Oh wow I never seen anything like this before. SO much fun..and yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't either, think they are a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...