Monday 19 September 2011

Adventures in Dress Shopping

*** Wedding Dress Spoiler Alert!***

I finally ordered my beautiful Maggie Sottero gown last week and booked in my first fitting for September next year! So exciting! It took a few dresses though until I found 'the one' so I thought I'd do a recap of all the options.

I didn't go to one salon and try on a selection of dresses and chose my favourite, I had a look through a number of designers online and picked out my favourites and then tracked them down to different dress shops. The first dress I fell in love with was Chelsea by Ronald Joyce:

Chelsea - Ronald Joyce
I particularly liked the little jacket that came with this as I didn't really want a strapless dress. However, when I tried it on I didn't like the detail in the beading, a lot of it was moonstone and it wasn't really what I wanted. I also tried on some other dresses in the shop including a gorgeous princess dress that had sequins all over the top that went down into the skirt, beautiful but not me, I knew I wanted something a little more A-line.


I think out of all of these I liked the middle one best but wasn't so sure about the detail going all the way down the side. After thinking about it quite a lot I decided that none of the dresses I tried on were quite what I wanted. So I found another dress I liked and went to try it on:

Alfred Angelo 2181
Sadly this one did nothing for my figure! So I decided to have a look at what designers the wedding dress shop that is just down the road from me sold and that is when I came across Maggie Sottero. I had a look at the website and saw two dresses that I liked and to my amazement my local shop stocked samples of them both! The first was Asha:

Maggie Sottero - Asha

This dress was absolutely beautiful but it wasn't very weddingy if you know what I mean! I think it would have been wonderful for a destination wedding but didn't think it was quite right for mine. But then I tried on Mona and new instantly that she was the one!

Maggie Sottero - Mona
The fit of the dress was absolutely amazing, it made me look two sizes smaller and if it was made for my body shape! I never thought I would end up with a one shoulder gown but I love it, it looks so elegant. I also always wanted satin but this is chiffon but it hangs so beautifully, I'm so pleased with it. Sadly I don't have any photos of me in it but here's a close up of the hip detail that I took:


I'm hoping to make a matching cuff, will let you know how I get on! So what do you think of my choice?


5 comments:

  1. I think it's absolutely stunning! Can't wait to see photos of it on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks absolutely stunning and will be so perfect for you!! I can't wait to see it either!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! This gown is gorgeous! Maggie Sottero is one of my favorite designers. Her gowns are always the ones I'm attracted to the most. I'd love to have you stop by my wedding/romance blog. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much lovely ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! Cannot wiat to see it. I rocked Maggie Sottero myself so I'm a teeny bit biased :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...